4 VisualStudio projects
Submission Utility for iView / Microsoft
Batch image transfer application for professional photographers using MediaPro / ExpressionMedia and submitting to third-party service providvers such as Alamy, Corbis and Getty Images, following specific procedures. Rearchitected based on several previously developed provider-specific application, to utilise generic behaviours with provider specific plugins.
- Unique cross-platform provider plugins, deployed with a single download and simply double-clicked to install. Easily constructed plugins using ZIP packaging with XML provider configuration and platform-specific processing scripts.
- Clicking an item in the validation checklist selects it in the media catalogue for correction.
- Automatically re-validates after corrections are made.
- Support of submission via disc (postal) or FTP.
- Report generation for printing when submitting via disc.
- Conditional metadata validation and review.
2007 — Development, Desktop, Photo
Digital Railroad Uploader for iView / Microsoft
FTP image upload application interfacing with iView MediaPro and providing metadata validation via a simplified workflow.
- Included bespoke installer for Windows version
- Metadata validation and file conversion procedures to match DRRs requirements before upload to the server
- Destination FTP folder selection
2006 — Development, Desktop, Photo
MediaSock Client Framework for Verse
Abstraction framework for media-sharing web-services, utilising loadable modules, and a flexible properties architecture.
- First library to enable use of common code and functionality with disparate service providers.
- Simultaneous classed data and string handling (suitable for AJAX-type web server deployment scenarios as well as desktop).
- Was deployed on a Flex server platform, and in a .NET desktop application.
- Standardised functionality: list/make albums, list/download/upload media.
- Initially available with modules for Webshots, Flickr, and Yahoo! Photos.
- Session saving (service dependant).
2006 — Conception, Server, Photo
PictureSync Windows Application for Verse
Modernise the architecture and UI of PictureSync for a new Windows application.
- Optimised service addition and sign-in UI, including transparent post web authentication token retrieval (e.g. OAuth) using a simple 'becomes frontmost' check
- First application to upload both image data and annotations
- First application to interface between both multiple applications and multiple web services
- Comprehensive abstractions for web service behaviours with modular service plugin architecture including per-plugin version checking
- Co-branded builds with default sign-in prompts for service providers using an automated build system, and with provider-specific statistics (via a private website login)
- Only application to be able to upload images and then later sync the annotations (e.g. via Flick API)
- Only application to employ database-free metadata via file system extended attributes (i.e. for service upload IDs)
- Transparent licence activation after purchase on website
- Integral image and metadata manipulation functions
- Support for multiple disparate web-service APIs for uploads with an aggregate progress UI
- Interfaces with the file system and external applications to collect data, including support for standards-based emebedded IPTC/XMP and XMP sidecar files for annotations
2006 — Conception, Desktop, Photo