19 Content Management projects
Directory for Cooperative Coliving
Website with categorised and filterable listings of coliving spaces for workations.
- Filter flexibility on some classifications as enumerated scales (e.g. outside spaces from terrace to big garden; workspace from bedroom desk to coworking) enabling results to be expanded with degrees of relevence, instead of simply returning unhelpful 'nothing matched'.
- Multi-faceted classification system uses both structured and unstructured tags; which may be grouped by parents, optionally redirecting and hilighting child tags; plus enabling customisation of every view where values are consumed.
- Freeform rates, in which multiple unit classes may be declared with any duration and rate; the system creating summaries of these for common cases (e.g. weekly and monthly rates).
- Given a huge variety of spaces and users, anonymised and unrated reviews to focus the user's attention upon their own interpretations.
- Fallback client-side rendering, should the server be unable to cache Instagram using their private API.
- The use of sorted tags to classify spaces also supports a self-declaration community label/marque using the logo, in which any space may declare itself a "coliving community" by prefixing its core offer or values as tags e.g. «Hub House is a #purposeful #cooperative Coliving Community».
- Data stored in easily edited structured text format (Lua).
- Third-party data sources (e.g. Instagram and Google reviews) cached on the server.
- Passable/overridable filters in URL, as well as settable with cookies. Some data always in-page for instant client-side changes and reduced server processing, and when unspecified shows all spaces with 'disabled' styling thus ensuring all potential results appear on pages for SEO and first-time visitors. If prefs are set or passed the server trims the data set to send a lighter load.
- Unstructured locations and contextual adjustment derived from declared human-friendly strings, e.g. "Barcelona, Spain" only appears as "Barcelona" on the Spain page, but a space may declare it as "near Barcelona" or anything else appropriate for reference instead of displaying simply an unhelpful administrarive name.
- Tag permit optional space specific custom details, e.g. the "meals" tag can be expanded with free-form text such as "full-board included".
- Friendly URLs e.g: coliving.community/in/spain coliving.community/with/pool
- Custom pages can replace or supplement entire categories; CSS can also easily be used to make changes to specific categories.
- Currency conversion with rounding to faciliate user information scanning and consumption.
- Instagram photos only render the two most recent official account photos, also showing both top-ranked and recent location-specific posts (where an Instagram location is known).
2020 — Conception, Web, Content Management
B2B Rental Marketplace for HSS
Bring an existing business and its processes online and up-to-date using a marketplace mediating with third-party suppliers.
- Multiple pricing and comission models to support both owned assets and third-party assets
- Per-class (category, product or variant) cascading inherited attributes, with ancestor and descendant overrides providing a variety of ways to control how suppliers add new items and values
- Mediated messaging, with client-supplier messaging relayed through an operator
- Supplier auctioning with deferred (countdown) booking assignments in cases of unknown availability
- Collection options using geolocation
- Flexible delivery class calculations assignable per-category and postcode
- Geographical search ranking availability of items with delivery constraints
- Ability for an operator to easily swap their CMS view to that of a supplier (delegate authentication) when handling operations by telephone
- Categorised product (and variant) listings with search
- Bespoke CMS handling categories, products and their variants with dynamic attributes
- Booking functionality (not calendared)
- CMS and API for suppliers
- Mobile app with push notifications and messaging for suppliers and customers
- Multi-device and multi-role authentication and notification settings
2014 — Architecture, Web, E-commerce
Product Website for Esofaber
Site to promote and sell a specific product line.
- Bespoke image slider handling multiple content parts (image, title, subtitle, price, inset image) and integrated as the core compoent of the page layout
- Image slider waits for the next slide's image to finish loading before progressing to that slide (a common issue on slower connections with every other slider implementation)
- Shows the name of the next item in the slider
- Responsive design (adapts to screen size and orientation such as for tablets)
- Feature products in the front page slider simply with tagging
- Automatic slider with manual controls
- Web fonts (to match the product aesthetic)
- Localised prices and shipping notices
2011 — Design, Web, E-commerce
Estate agency SaaS for duHome
Provide a customisable website for estate agencies.
- Fuzzy-logic search, gradually widening search criteria scope when not enough matching results are found, i.e. for every non-matching input criteria a corresponding potentially acceptable criteria would be used instead such as 1 bathroom instead of 2, with these criteria being colour-coded (match versus near-match).
- Comprehensive type-ahead search using multiple sources of data (names, telephones, locations, emails, prices), removing need for time consuming paging of adminstrative list views to find relevent records.
- Use of geohash indexes for high-performance geospatial property search.
- Use of deferred slideshow loading to improve performance and usability (almost unheard of at the time, most solutions simply advancing to to half-downloaded images on a timer, or attempting to download all upon page load despite potentially not subsequently showing them).
- Customer-facing functionality including geographic search and display of properties with mapping and slideshow
- Agent functionalities including search, management of properties
- Agency-owner functionality including customisation and configuration of website, and management of agents
- Support for multiple agency locations per site, and agents per-agency
- Activitiy streams with messaging and notifications for each agency, agent and property
- Signup for new agencies (clients) with a default name-derived subdomain
- Automatic geo-location and address completion when adding properties
- Image upload and optimisation for slideshows
- Email notifications when agents are not active on site
- Property owner CRM with agent association
- Editable print view with QR code for window display
- Utilisation of Moonstalk's internationsalistion, geospatial data, type-ahead search, and notification features
2011 — Conception, Web, Content Management
Marketplace for Verse
SaaS platform for small independant retailers, with a focus on curation and provenance, including product blogs and stock-control.
- Customisable magazine style multi-product 'display' layouts, using an impactful large format image tagged with the products, with their data (price, links) automatically populated.
- Uncluttered single product layouts with clear call to actions and availability.
2009 — Design, Web, Content Management
API Gateway for Pixelpipe
An API gateway server accepting media uploads from clients using a wide variety of supported APIs, and re-broadcast them to well over 50 different service providers.
- Deferred batching to accept multiple uploads over a configurable timeframe, and then re-broadcast them together as an album or single blog post after no more items had arrived (instead of individually upon arrival).
- Utilisation of special 'routing' tags, allowing uploaded media to be dispatched to specific accounts or groups of accounts simply using a tag, thus avoiding the need for specific client routing UI, and instead using a client's native tagging UI.
- Prioritised image processing queue with service provider connection constraints
- Service provider error aggregation and reporting to quicly idenitfy and prioritise API issue resolution with destination service providers
- Support for multitudinous client upload APIs including metaweblog and Flickr, which with DNS spoofing enabled official clients to be used with the server
- Bespoke upload applications and Plug-ins including iPhone, Aperture, Windows Live Gallery and integration with Nokia share
- Support for hosting uploads directly on the service, including views for user streams, albums and individual photos
2008 — Management, Server, Photo
Social Networking Site for Indivibe
Design and build a nightlife events publishing and social networking site with regional versions.
- Photo upload with user, location and event galleries
- Location and user profiles with public and private messaging
- Friending with reciprical relationship indication ('strength')
- Simple colour-coordinated navigation
- Options to feature/hilight photos and sponsored events/locations
- Watermarked photos
2006 — Development, Web, Social
Folio Concept for Verse
Product concept, branding and website for professionally-oriented photo portfolio service.
- SaaS with SSL on MivaScript
- Flexible CSS boxes with custom edge and corner frames
- Research on hosting latencies for optimal single-location US deployment across metro areas
2005 — Design, Web, Photo
Customer Satisfaction Survey for Romec
- User authentication and registration with assignment of multiple surveys
- Data capture forms in multiple parts with user-specific variations
- Dynamic reporting (employing logical filters), and Excel-compatable export",
- innovations = "Modular storage and analysis code base, - extensible, reusable and configurable (via plain text file)
- Recursive analysis (comparison between results)
2004 — Layout, Web, Content Management
Works Access Authorisation for DigiPlex
Migrate a paper-based business process management system to the web.
- Fully integrated system with multiple views (manager, reception, contractor) providing process filing and review mechanisms (with per-report activity log)
- Document upload facility
- User registration and authentication
- Multiple languages",
- innovations = "Streamlined the original paper-based process by elminating duplicated data, employing cross-referencing and implementing a status based approval process.
2004 — Architecture, Web, Content Management
Continuity Management System for DigiPlex
Online best-practice incident reporting procedure automation for a datacentre.
- Forms guiding a user through the incident reporting process, including providing multiple points of contact according to availability
- Backend databases and administration for locations, contacts (multiple internal and external roles, with individual calendar-based availability and regional holidays)
- Backend reporting for incidents by location with highest severity identification
- Email notifications with normal and priority addresses (for SMS)
- User authentication with anonymous 'SOS' login
- Multi-language support
2002 — Development, Web, Content Management
Website for Information Facilities Management
Upgrade UK industry portal from basic HTML to a dynamic CMS with subscription-based access.
- Integrated support within the CMS and layouts for topicis, related links and other metadata, enabling extensive cross-referencing between content areas.
- Login authentication system preventing simultaneous use of accounts and providing usage statistics for identifcation of potential abuse.
- Winner of multiple Business Services Association awards
- Migration to dyanmic architecture
- Implementation of subscription-based access (user and group based)
- Card payment authorisation system (via gateway)
- News and features CMS (with enhanced metadata support)
- Incorporation and adaption of banner system (off the shelf Perl)
2001 — Architecture, Web, E-commerce
Website for CBX / Sulzer Infra FM / Axima FM
Upgrade of site for service provider.
- Dynamic content selection with fallbacks for overlapping country/language static content employing dynamic URLs and a metadata store
- Publishing of short video editorials
- Visitor survey (bespoke aquisition with off the shelf desktop analysis)
- Automatic what's new feature using the metadata store
- Heirachical structure for 100+ pages with multiple regions and languages
- Press area including image gallery, PDF clippings and video editorials
- Callback request facility
- Registration-only articles
2001 — Design, Web, Content Management
Website for Aspect Education
Redevelop consumer site for international education provider.
- enrollment forms and cost calculator for courses and locations (200+ combinations with 7,000 dates and further options)
- CMS with multi-region and language capabilities, for page content, plus news and jobs
- Course finder (narrows choices through a multi-stage questionaire)
- Co-branded version for affiliates (distinct logo and contact details)
- Messaged board
2001 — Architecture, Web, Content Management
Website for UniqueYou
Consumer relationship support site with extensive articles.
- Highlighting of new content and comments only since last visit
- Online payment aquisition for offline processing using (secured) email
- Heirachical CMS with multiple content types
- User authentication with guest, member and subscriber access
- Card payment aquisition system
- User comments system (per article)
2001 — Architecture, Web, Content Management
Online Delivery for Building Economics Bureau
Site for data publishing agency with subscription-based access to retreive datasets online.
- generation of repetitive array-processing code during database updates for execution at runtime (providing improved performance)
- Subscriptions module (usage and time based) for the (seperately developed) WebShop system
- Backend database import/upload with automated dyanamic ToC-code generation (from hand-formatted Excel export)
- Browsing of multiple distinct databases via static/dynamic ToC (depending on database structure) and data record page
2000 — Architecture, Web, Content Management
WebShop System for Enigma
Comprehensive modular E-Commerce framework for deployment in various client sites.
- Whilst having similar functionality to Miva Merchant v2 (current at the time of development) this bespoke solution provided extensive options for custom integration. See the other E-commerce projects on here for some specific deployments.
- Shopping basket and wish-list supporting custom price calculators with multiple input variables
- Discounts (static and dynamic, from codes or links)
- Subscriptions (time and useage based)
- Affiliate tracking
- User accounts with multiple addresses per-user
- Product-specific supplementary requirements
- Distinct order and payment statuses
- Product availability restrictions (with potential for stock keeping)
2000 — Development, Web, E-commerce
Website for British Institute of Facilities Management
Stakeholder site for UK industry organisation with 16k users.
- User authentication and profiles
- Backend database import and update routines (from MS Access export)
- Member directory (categorised browsing)
- Business directory (search and browse, with selective positioning)
- Staff directory (multiple group memberships)
- Message board (simple threading and archiving, with email notifications)
- Job listings (with agency-specific CMS access)
- Administration functions for all CMS/databases (with ACLs)
- Document storage/fileshare employing WebDAV upload (with ACLs) and per-user public folders
- Document library (categorised browsing)
- Transparent loading of external content (news feed and externally generated pages) into templates
1999 — Architecture, Web, Content Management
Intranet for CBX / Sulzer Infra FM / Axima FM
Improve the usability and presentation across an intranet uniformally, following a rebranding of the company.
- Color coding of tabs and areas for ease of identification (in an earlier implementation).
1999 — Design, Web, Social