Passionate about identity, resilience and the ‘slow’ philosophy.
«What do you do?»
I apply multidisciplinary design to product and process, wherever opportunity or introspection strikes. I mainly work with online projects, but have experience extending from conceptualisation through to marketing, on varied projects as diverse as interior design and web-service APIs.
I am predominantly interested in the following sectors: e-Commerce / Marketplaces, Publishing / Identity, Decoration / Interiors / Fashion, Hospitality / Intentional Communities / Real Estate, Distributed Computing / SaaS / PaaS.
- Moonstalk, open-source webapp framework (2009–ongoing). Conceived for a full-stack approach and low-latency out-of-the-box. An ideal platform for sites typically hacked together on a blog CMS. Bundles a number of prototypes for applications needing calendaring, geospatial data, activity streams, user authentication, etc.
- Moonlighting, startup mansion (2009—ongoing). Community space providing both short/mid-term accommodation and coworking in New Delhi. Managed by onsite staff, local director and members with webapp/site.
- uVerse Ltd. —digital media solutions; Founder
- Pixelpipe Inc. —photo sharing; Chief Plumber
- Enigma Publishing Ltd. —marketing communications; Technical Director
- Esofaber —interior and window design; Partner
These projects are shelved, or only partially implemented. I'm always experimenting with concepts and models, rarely getting around to building them into businesses. If you'd like to partner and do just that, I'm listening…
- duHome, SaaS for real-estate agencies (2011). Featuring geospatial weighted search, team messaging, customisable websites. Webapp built to alpha, requiring work on tablet and service-provider elements. Could incorporate/pivot for hospitality/rental functionality.
- Moonstalk PaaS, cloud webapp platform (concept). Simple deployment and customisation of webapps. Could enable SaaS deployments such as to synchronise with or migrate to/from off-cloud private infrastructure on demand.
- Coworking/Staying, community/hospitality SaaS (2011–ongoing). Functionality to support Moonlighting featuring account management, resource booking (i.e. rooms, meals), profiles and network messaging. Partial implementation with minor ongoing development.
- iVerse, ecommerce marketplace SaaS (2009). Featuring customisable websites, magazine-style themes, supply-chain management, low-latency responses, white-label deployment. Reached basic prototyping only.
- PictureSync, photosharing application (2004–2009). Desktop application providing a standardised inter-application image and video annotation and upload, employing novel API abstraction and process pipelines. Achieved wide user base and rollout with partners.
- MediaSock open-source media-sharing library (2005–2008). C#.NET abstraction for access to photo and video sharing web service APIs. Deployed in a Windows application and Flex webapp.
- Subsume, desktop presence app (’08). Novel prototype application to monitor network connections for neighbour activity and automate rule-based user status updates to social networks.
- OnDeck, iTunes presence app (2003–2006). Integrated with various web services to publish listening activity (and track artwork). Employed novel predictive polling to reduce CPU overhead.
This is a temporary site. Served by Moonstalk on an 8-core Linode in London.