Passionate about identity, resilience and the ‘slow’ philosophy.
«What do you do?»
I apply multidisciplinary intents to product and process, wherever opportunity or introspection strikes. I mainly work with online projects, yet have experience extending from conceptualisation through to marketing, on varied projects as diverse as interior design and web-service APIs.
I predominantly offer software/application architecture consulting and independent development team execution (resourcing, training, management, support). I may however consult on and review discrete facets such as UX or API specifications.
I am also active in the development of hospitality spaces that foster communities, ideas and their associated lifestyles — particularly coliving hubs and mixed-use models that support entrepreneurship.
Sectors that I am focussed upon are: e-Commerce / Marketplaces; Publishing / Identity; Decoration / Interiors / Fashion; Hospitality / Intentional Communities / Real Estate; Distributed Computing / SaaS.
- Coliving Community, platform and marque; Creator. 2020–ongoing. A community-driven directory supporting operators alike.
- Hub House, fractional coliving; Founder. 2019—ongoing. Destinational coliving in a multistakeholder model.
- Moonstalk, opensource webapp framework; Creator. 2009–ongoing. Conceived for a full-stack approach with low-latency out-of-the-box. Initially architected as a bespoke small scale ecommerce framework and now implemented in appservers powering massive-scale systems, thus with its efficiency is suitable for a wide variety of needs.
- Paylinko — fintech platform; development lead/CTO. London/Remote; 2017—2018. Facilitating contracts and payments (with novel mobile-NFC card processing) between small and micro service-provider businesses and their customers, whilst supporting functionality for verticals.
- HSS — B2B marketplace; development lead and consulting. Lisbon/Delhi, 2013–2014. Combined the client's in-house catalogue and depots with third-party suppliers through a novel availability and on-demand request-response flow.
- Moonlighting — coliving-coworking hubs; Founder, new location development, management Delhi, 2009—2015. Providing mixed-term accommodations alongside workspaces, catalysing the ecosystem.
- Pixelpipe — photo sharing; development lead. SF/Delhi, 2008. A platform bridging disparate clients and publishing/sharing platforms using cloned APIs, over 50 service integrations, and a novel abstraction workflow to enable compatibility amongst them. Also offered its own blog interface for users.
- uVerse — digital media solutions and ISV; Founder. Bangalore/NYC, 2006–2008. Published a variety of apps and server frameworks utilising extensive expertise in the photosharing APIs.
- Enigma Publishing —marketing communications; Mac operator→Technical Director London; 1995–2003. A multitude of projects for a wide variety of clients, from publishing and layout, to intranets and ecommerce. Plus an in-house vertical sector portal.
- Esofaber —interior and window design; family business. France/UK; 1994–2004.
Latent projects are listed at the bottom of my bio.
This is a temporary site. Served by Moonstalk on an 8-core Linode in London.