2 projects for Indivibe
Impactful logo for a web 2.0 nightlife and entertainment guide.
Types: Brand; Roles: Design; Functions: Tools: Illustrator.
- Low-gloss finish to avoid completely falling in with current trends
- Use of overlapping characters in the logoface to difuse the impact of palindrome/mirrored type in the name ('divib'), similarly use of Monaco typeface in the domain
- Transparent outline variations to reduce impact and blend with patterned backgrounds
The final device would incorporate an abstract kingfisher illustration and its glassiness was increased (more typical of Web 2.0 branding). A version with a potential sponsor's photorealistic bird device was also created.
Social Networking Site 2006
Design and build a nightlife events publishing and social networking site with regional versions.
Types: Web; Roles: Development, Management, Design, Architecture; Functions: Social, Content Management, Photo; Tools: MySQL, MivaScript, ImageMagick.
- Photo upload with user, location and event galleries
- Location and user profiles with public and private messaging
- Friending with reciprical relationship indication ('strength')
- Simple colour-coordinated navigation
- Options to feature/hilight photos and sponsored events/locations
- Watermarked photos
Regions (cities) were handled as subdomains, and content was tagged to its corresponding regions upon addition and could thus be easily cross-posted. All content was available on the home site/root domain. Illustrative elements were outsourced.