6 FTP projects
PictureSync Mac Application for Verse
Batch upload annotated images to web services
- Optimised service addition and sign-in UI, including transparent post web authentication token retrieval (e.g. OAuth) using a simple 'becomes frontmost' check
- First application to upload both image data and annotations
- First application to interface between both multiple applications and multiple web services
- Comprehensive abstractions for web service behaviours with modular service plugin architecture including per-plugin version checking
- Co-branded builds with default sign-in prompts for service providers using an automated build system, and with provider-specific statistics (via a private website login)
- Only application to be able to upload images and then later sync the annotations (e.g. via Flick API)
- Only application to employ database-free metadata via file system extended attributes (i.e. for service upload IDs)
- Transparent licence activation after purchase on website
- Integral image and metadata manipulation functions
- Support for multiple disparate web-service APIs for uploads with an aggregate progress UI
- Interfaces with the file system and external applications to collect data, including support for standards-based emebedded IPTC/XMP and XMP sidecar files for annotations
- Fullscreen view
2004 — Conception, Desktop, Photo
OnDeck Mac Application for Verse
View iTunes track artwork and upload to a website
- First and only application to avoid polling iTunes every second or so, and instead more efficiently poll by simply calculating when the track ends, thus avoiding undue CPU load
- Use of variables for configuring metadata preferences
- Creation of JPEG artwork from iTunes PICT wrapper
- First application to provide artwork upload
- Locates artwork from disk, or extracts from iTunes
- Integrated Last.fm scrobbling
2003 — Conception, Desktop, Music
Mac Uploader Application for Fotografia
Bespoke FTP file and folder upload application for photo service.
- Folder structure verification
- Drag and drop (with custom interface focus)
2005 — Development, Desktop, Photo
Digital Railroad Uploader for iView / Microsoft
FTP image upload application interfacing with iView MediaPro and providing metadata validation via a simplified workflow.
- Included bespoke installer for Windows version
- Metadata validation and file conversion procedures to match DRRs requirements before upload to the server
- Destination FTP folder selection
2006 — Development, Desktop, Photo
Submission Utility for iView / Microsoft
Batch image transfer application for professional photographers using MediaPro / ExpressionMedia and submitting to third-party service providvers such as Alamy, Corbis and Getty Images, following specific procedures. Rearchitected based on several previously developed provider-specific application, to utilise generic behaviours with provider specific plugins.
- Unique cross-platform provider plugins, deployed with a single download and simply double-clicked to install. Easily constructed plugins using ZIP packaging with XML provider configuration and platform-specific processing scripts.
- Clicking an item in the validation checklist selects it in the media catalogue for correction.
- Automatically re-validates after corrections are made.
- Support of submission via disc (postal) or FTP.
- Report generation for printing when submitting via disc.
- Conditional metadata validation and review.
2007 — Development, Desktop, Photo
Aperture Plug-In for Digital Railroad
Upload images from Aperture via FTP.
- Utilised a two component architecture, a plugin gathered metadata, and a seperate standalone application performed the FTP uploads, progress feedback, finishing by updating Aperture's metadata status fields. This architecture was beneficial to avoid blocking the modal Aperture plugin architecture, and additionally allowed the standalone application to handle uploads from other applications, including via Drag and Drop.
- Ability to perform additional exports from Aperture and have them appended to an existing upload
- Saves upload status back to Aperture after upload
- Minimised (menubar) progress view
2006 — Development, Desktop, Photo