5 Metadata projects
Submission Utility for iView / Microsoft
Batch image transfer application for professional photographers using MediaPro / ExpressionMedia and submitting to third-party service providvers such as Alamy, Corbis and Getty Images, following specific procedures. Rearchitected based on several previously developed provider-specific application, to utilise generic behaviours with provider specific plugins.
- Unique cross-platform provider plugins, deployed with a single download and simply double-clicked to install. Easily constructed plugins using ZIP packaging with XML provider configuration and platform-specific processing scripts.
- Clicking an item in the validation checklist selects it in the media catalogue for correction.
- Automatically re-validates after corrections are made.
- Support of submission via disc (postal) or FTP.
- Report generation for printing when submitting via disc.
- Conditional metadata validation and review.
2007 — Development, Desktop, Photo
Digital Railroad Uploader for iView / Microsoft
FTP image upload application interfacing with iView MediaPro and providing metadata validation via a simplified workflow.
- Included bespoke installer for Windows version
- Metadata validation and file conversion procedures to match DRRs requirements before upload to the server
- Destination FTP folder selection
2006 — Development, Desktop, Photo
Mac Uploader Application for Gekko Images
Develop an uploader for a stock-photo service to replace an existing partially automated system of AppleScripts and a multi-step web interface, with a fully automated single-step solution.
- Transfers images and metadata from iView MediaPro catalogs to website, transparently through serveral verification and data transfer steps.
2006 — Development, Desktop, Photo
PictureSync Mac Application for Verse
Batch upload annotated images to web services
- Optimised service addition and sign-in UI, including transparent post web authentication token retrieval (e.g. OAuth) using a simple 'becomes frontmost' check
- First application to upload both image data and annotations
- First application to interface between both multiple applications and multiple web services
- Comprehensive abstractions for web service behaviours with modular service plugin architecture including per-plugin version checking
- Co-branded builds with default sign-in prompts for service providers using an automated build system, and with provider-specific statistics (via a private website login)
- Only application to be able to upload images and then later sync the annotations (e.g. via Flick API)
- Only application to employ database-free metadata via file system extended attributes (i.e. for service upload IDs)
- Transparent licence activation after purchase on website
- Integral image and metadata manipulation functions
- Support for multiple disparate web-service APIs for uploads with an aggregate progress UI
- Interfaces with the file system and external applications to collect data, including support for standards-based emebedded IPTC/XMP and XMP sidecar files for annotations
- Fullscreen view
2004 — Conception, Desktop, Photo
OnDeck Mac Application for Verse
View iTunes track artwork and upload to a website
- Use of variables for configuring metadata preferences
- Creation of JPEG artwork from iTunes PICT wrapper
- First application to provide artwork upload
- Locates artwork from disk, or extracts from iTunes
- Integrated Last.fm scrobbling
2003 — Conception, Desktop, Music