7 Xcode projects
Submission Utility for iView / Microsoft
Details, 4 images →
Batch image transfer application for professional photographers using MediaPro / ExpressionMedia and submitting to third-party service providvers such as Alamy, Corbis and Getty Images, following specific procedures. Rearchitected based on several previously developed provider-specific application, to utilise generic behaviours with provider specific plugins.
- Unique cross-platform provider plugins, deployed with a single download and simply double-clicked to install. Easily constructed plugins using ZIP packaging with XML provider configuration and platform-specific processing scripts.
- Clicking an item in the validation checklist selects it in the media catalogue for correction.
- Automatically re-validates after corrections are made.
- Support of submission via disc (postal) or FTP.
- Report generation for printing when submitting via disc.
- Conditional metadata validation and review.
Aperture Plug-In for Digital Railroad
Details, 2 images →
Upload images from Aperture via FTP.
- Utilised a two component architecture, a plugin gathered metadata, and a seperate standalone application performed the FTP uploads, progress feedback, finishing by updating Aperture's metadata status fields. This architecture was beneficial to avoid blocking the modal Aperture plugin architecture, and additionally allowed the standalone application to handle uploads from other applications, including via Drag and Drop.
- Ability to perform additional exports from Aperture and have them appended to an existing upload
- Saves upload status back to Aperture after upload
- Minimised (menubar) progress view
Mac Uploader Application for XtremeCamera
Details, 1 images →
Very simple drag and drop JPEG upload application to interface with an existing website (not having an API and using cookies for authentication).
Digital Railroad Uploader for iView / Microsoft
Details, 3 images →
FTP image upload application interfacing with iView MediaPro and providing metadata validation via a simplified workflow.
- Included bespoke installer for Windows version
- Metadata validation and file conversion procedures to match DRRs requirements before upload to the server
- Destination FTP folder selection
Mac Uploader Application for Gekko Images
Details, 2 images →
Develop an uploader for a stock-photo service to replace an existing partially automated system of AppleScripts and a multi-step web interface, with a fully automated single-step solution.
- Transfers images and metadata from iView MediaPro catalogs to website, transparently through serveral verification and data transfer steps.
PictureSync Mac Application for Verse
Details, 19 images →
Batch upload annotated images to web services
- Optimised service addition and sign-in UI, including transparent post web authentication token retrieval (e.g. OAuth) using a simple 'becomes frontmost' check
- First application to upload both image data and annotations
- First application to interface between both multiple applications and multiple web services
- Comprehensive abstractions for web service behaviours with modular service plugin architecture including per-plugin version checking
- Co-branded builds with default sign-in prompts for service providers using an automated build system, and with provider-specific statistics (via a private website login)
- Only application to be able to upload images and then later sync the annotations (e.g. via Flick API)
- Only application to employ database-free metadata via file system extended attributes (i.e. for service upload IDs)
- Transparent licence activation after purchase on website
- Integral image and metadata manipulation functions
- Support for multiple disparate web-service APIs for uploads with an aggregate progress UI
- Interfaces with the file system and external applications to collect data, including support for standards-based emebedded IPTC/XMP and XMP sidecar files for annotations
- Fullscreen view
OnDeck Mac Application for Verse
Details, 2 images →
View iTunes track artwork and upload to a website
- Use of variables for configuring metadata preferences
- Creation of JPEG artwork from iTunes PICT wrapper
- First application to provide artwork upload
- Locates artwork from disk, or extracts from iTunes
- Integrated Last.fm scrobbling