3 Framework projects
Moonstalk for The Moon Mill
Open-source web development framework and hosting stack using Lua.
- Automated filesystem to URL mapping for sites and applications, with no configuration necessary before use (including web server)
- Includes a bespoke low-latency NoSQL database which shares the web application environment and functions, whilst also supporting a task queue with seperate processes
- Internationalisation and localisation including handling for plurals and GeoIP
- Best-practice handling of script-loading, CDN assets, canonical tags, addressing, salted passwords, microcaching, deployment (via dCVS), etc.
- Many supplementary applications providing functionality ranging from calendaring to geospatial search
2010 — Conception, Server, API
MediaSock Client Framework for Verse
Abstraction framework for media-sharing web-services, utilising loadable modules, and a flexible properties architecture.
- First library to enable use of common code and functionality with disparate service providers.
- Simultaneous classed data and string handling (suitable for AJAX-type web server deployment scenarios as well as desktop).
- Was deployed on a Flex server platform, and in a .NET desktop application.
- Standardised functionality: list/make albums, list/download/upload media.
- Initially available with modules for Webshots, Flickr, and Yahoo! Photos.
- Session saving (service dependant).
2006 — Conception, Server, Photo
WebShop System for Enigma
Comprehensive modular E-Commerce framework for deployment in various client sites.
- Whilst having similar functionality to Miva Merchant v2 (current at the time of development) this bespoke solution provided extensive options for custom integration. See the other E-commerce projects on here for some specific deployments.
- Shopping basket and wish-list supporting custom price calculators with multiple input variables
- Discounts (static and dynamic, from codes or links)
- Subscriptions (time and useage based)
- Affiliate tracking
- User accounts with multiple addresses per-user
- Product-specific supplementary requirements
- Distinct order and payment statuses
- Product availability restrictions (with potential for stock keeping)
2000 — Development, Web, E-commerce