21 MivaScript projects
Website for British Institute of Facilities Management
Stakeholder site for UK industry organisation with 16k users.
- User authentication and profiles
- Backend database import and update routines (from MS Access export)
- Member directory (categorised browsing)
- Business directory (search and browse, with selective positioning)
- Staff directory (multiple group memberships)
- Message board (simple threading and archiving, with email notifications)
- Job listings (with agency-specific CMS access)
- Administration functions for all CMS/databases (with ACLs)
- Document storage/fileshare employing WebDAV upload (with ACLs) and per-user public folders
- Document library (categorised browsing)
- Transparent loading of external content (news feed and externally generated pages) into templates
1999 — Architecture, Web, Content Management
Website for Aspect Education
Redevelop consumer site for international education provider.
- enrollment forms and cost calculator for courses and locations (200+ combinations with 7,000 dates and further options)
- CMS with multi-region and language capabilities, for page content, plus news and jobs
- Course finder (narrows choices through a multi-stage questionaire)
- Co-branded version for affiliates (distinct logo and contact details)
- Messaged board
2001 — Architecture, Web, Content Management
Website for Information Facilities Management
Upgrade UK industry portal from basic HTML to a dynamic CMS with subscription-based access.
- Integrated support within the CMS and layouts for topicis, related links and other metadata, enabling extensive cross-referencing between content areas.
- Login authentication system preventing simultaneous use of accounts and providing usage statistics for identifcation of potential abuse.
- Winner of multiple Business Services Association awards
- Migration to dyanmic architecture
- Implementation of subscription-based access (user and group based)
- Card payment authorisation system (via gateway)
- News and features CMS (with enhanced metadata support)
- Incorporation and adaption of banner system (off the shelf Perl)
2001 — Architecture, Web, E-commerce
Works Access Authorisation for DigiPlex
Migrate a paper-based business process management system to the web.
- Fully integrated system with multiple views (manager, reception, contractor) providing process filing and review mechanisms (with per-report activity log)
- Document upload facility
- User registration and authentication
- Multiple languages",
- innovations = "Streamlined the original paper-based process by elminating duplicated data, employing cross-referencing and implementing a status based approval process.
2004 — Architecture, Web, Content Management
Website for Student Watchout
Insurance sales site targetted at students.
- Second-place in the Computer Weekly e-Business Awards 2001
- Uses the seperately developed Webshop system
- Affiliate tracking and backroom reports
2000 — Design, Web, E-commerce
Customer Satisfaction Survey for Romec
- User authentication and registration with assignment of multiple surveys
- Data capture forms in multiple parts with user-specific variations
- Dynamic reporting (employing logical filters), and Excel-compatable export",
- innovations = "Modular storage and analysis code base, - extensible, reusable and configurable (via plain text file)
- Recursive analysis (comparison between results)
2004 — Layout, Web, Content Management
Website for UniqueYou
Consumer relationship support site with extensive articles.
- Highlighting of new content and comments only since last visit
- Online payment aquisition for offline processing using (secured) email
- Heirachical CMS with multiple content types
- User authentication with guest, member and subscriber access
- Card payment aquisition system
- User comments system (per article)
2001 — Architecture, Web, Content Management
Online Delivery for Building Economics Bureau
Site for data publishing agency with subscription-based access to retreive datasets online.
- generation of repetitive array-processing code during database updates for execution at runtime (providing improved performance)
- Subscriptions module (usage and time based) for the (seperately developed) WebShop system
- Backend database import/upload with automated dyanamic ToC-code generation (from hand-formatted Excel export)
- Browsing of multiple distinct databases via static/dynamic ToC (depending on database structure) and data record page
2000 — Architecture, Web, Content Management
Website for ASHTAV
Site for UK association.
- Member database with profile editor
Website for CBX / Sulzer Infra FM / Axima FM
Upgrade of site for service provider.
- Dynamic content selection with fallbacks for overlapping country/language static content employing dynamic URLs and a metadata store
- Publishing of short video editorials
- Visitor survey (bespoke aquisition with off the shelf desktop analysis)
- Automatic what's new feature using the metadata store
- Heirachical structure for 100+ pages with multiple regions and languages
- Press area including image gallery, PDF clippings and video editorials
- Callback request facility
- Registration-only articles
2001 — Design, Web, Content Management
Executive Schedule for CBX / Sulzer Infra FM / Axima FM
Concept system for personnel coordination.
- Multi user calendar with event input
- User authentication and privileges",
- innovations = "Per-user key-based access to features (e.g. viewing, editing of specific calendars and events)
1999 — Architecture, Web, Calendar
E-Tendering for CBX / Sulzer Infra FM / Axima FM
Auction system for online tendering.
- CMS for users and auctions
- Options for unlisted auctions and anonymous bidding
- Basic auction system with listing, bid history, and place bid function
- Map UI for direct access to pre-defined regional auctions
2000 — Architecture, Web, E-commerce
E-Card for CBX / Sulzer Infra FM / Axima FM
Dispatch system for employees to email Christmas cards.
- Form to customise card display and select from several company brands, and option to select a charity to make a donation to (per sender)
- HTML email dispatch with server-side copy in case of viewing problems
- Logging of senders and recipients
1999 — Architecture, Web, Social
Website for Summit Support Services
Site for service provider
- Dyanmic template loading static pages
- Pasword protected pages for access to standard documents (extranet)
WebShop System for Enigma
Comprehensive modular E-Commerce framework for deployment in various client sites.
- Whilst having similar functionality to Miva Merchant v2 (current at the time of development) this bespoke solution provided extensive options for custom integration. See the other E-commerce projects on here for some specific deployments.
- Shopping basket and wish-list supporting custom price calculators with multiple input variables
- Discounts (static and dynamic, from codes or links)
- Subscriptions (time and useage based)
- Affiliate tracking
- User accounts with multiple addresses per-user
- Product-specific supplementary requirements
- Distinct order and payment statuses
- Product availability restrictions (with potential for stock keeping)
2000 — Development, Web, E-commerce
Continuity Management System for DigiPlex
Online best-practice incident reporting procedure automation for a datacentre.
- Forms guiding a user through the incident reporting process, including providing multiple points of contact according to availability
- Backend databases and administration for locations, contacts (multiple internal and external roles, with individual calendar-based availability and regional holidays)
- Backend reporting for incidents by location with highest severity identification
- Email notifications with normal and priority addresses (for SMS)
- User authentication with anonymous 'SOS' login
- Multi-language support
2002 — Development, Web, Content Management
Folio Concept for Verse
Product concept, branding and website for professionally-oriented photo portfolio service.
- SaaS with SSL on MivaScript
- Flexible CSS boxes with custom edge and corner frames
- Research on hosting latencies for optimal single-location US deployment across metro areas
2005 — Design, Web, Photo
Website for Esofaber
Site for furniture and interiors firm.
Website for Verse
Mac software publisher
- Combined version tracking and licence verification protocol (between webserver and desktop application), with an entirely web-based activation procedure (transparent licence key) [see the blog]
- Purchasing integration with PayPal
- Software licence generation and activation
- Software version tracking and usage reporting
PictureSync Website for Verse
Seperate site with service-provider/affiliate specific branding and downloads via referrer or argument.
- Ability to serve a ready-to-use service-provider specific download, hiding the other supported providers from the user.
Social Networking Site for Indivibe
Design and build a nightlife events publishing and social networking site with regional versions.
- Photo upload with user, location and event galleries
- Location and user profiles with public and private messaging
- Friending with reciprical relationship indication ('strength')
- Simple colour-coordinated navigation
- Options to feature/hilight photos and sponsored events/locations
- Watermarked photos
2006 — Development, Web, Social