4 Space Planning projects
Scouting and plans for Hub House
Identify and evaluate properties for operation with a cooperative coliving model.
- Novel multistakeholder model combining both investment returns as a hospitality business, and flexible fractional ownership, supported by a strong community-interest operation reducing overheads.
- Space planning for several properties permitted the use of split-level mezzanine designs optimising the number of private units (similar to Zoku).
- Crowdfunded ownership, with pledges obtained through direct outreach and marketing to potential members. (A propotion allocated for investors has not yet been raised, however some leads were generated simultaneously.
- database and public portal listing and enabling discussion amongst candidates
- bespoke CMS to catalogue candidate properties and score them for easier classification, using multiple criteria, colour coded for ease of reference
- most of the properties involve the replacement of extremely large numbers of windows, thus sourcing was researched from China, to reduce the otherwise significant fitout costs (despite tariffs)
- some properties include adequate capacity for multi-use event spaces, further diversifiying potential revenue and uses, especially for remote team offsites
2019 — Space Planning, Community, Living Space
Carcassone apartment for yours-truly
Locate and renovate a property.
- from low-spec 3-bed (one being shotgun) to high-spec two bed ensuite
- high quality electric fittings with reproduction bakerlite switches and sockets
- homemade oak kitchen and solid oak flooring, with the new parquet laid at 45°
- reused non-original panelling along hallway
- recreated archway to have matching at both sides of kitchen
- half of the roofing tiles cleaned and relaid; refinished facade with traditional lime
- new oak street doors; window shutters repaired; collaboratively redecorated staircase
2017 — Interior Design, Real Estate, Living Space
Lajpat Nagar for Moonlighting
Fitout of a new coworking space.
- Partnered with an emerging streetartist to create a Steve Wozniak mural, providing him with exposure, and an atypical but recognisable portrait that prominanetly features in the social media posts of visitors, becoming strongly associated with the space.
- 6 private offices in an ancillary block at the rear of the space, ensuring the core community space is not overly influenced by predeominantly static users.
- Two dedicated hotdesk rooms, plus flexible use of common space for events, and also featuring standing deskspace.
2015 — Space Planning, Community, Hospitality
Delhi for Moonlighting
Establish a house in Delhi with facilities for both coworking and accommodation.
- First coworking space in Delhi, and one of first few in India.
- First open-access space offering both coworking and accommodation for those visiting from further afield.
- Bespoke furniture constructions including large-span communal tables using wood with internal (hidden) iron dowels
- Regular community events and meals
- 8 en-suite bedrooms amd 1 bunkroom (convertible between 4 bunks, or 1 double)
- Live-in cook and 2 kitchens
- Cleaning, housekeeping and security staff
- Mixed-use lobby, lounge and dining space with A/V system
- Coworking desks (and monitors)
- Colourful paint and fabrics to enliven the otherwise drab interior
2010 — Space Planning, Community, Hospitality