14 Brand projects
Directory for Cooperative Coliving
Website with categorised and filterable listings of coliving spaces for workations.
- Filter flexibility on some classifications as enumerated scales (e.g. outside spaces from terrace to big garden; workspace from bedroom desk to coworking) enabling results to be expanded with degrees of relevence, instead of simply returning unhelpful 'nothing matched'.
- Multi-faceted classification system uses both structured and unstructured tags; which may be grouped by parents, optionally redirecting and hilighting child tags; plus enabling customisation of every view where values are consumed.
- Freeform rates, in which multiple unit classes may be declared with any duration and rate; the system creating summaries of these for common cases (e.g. weekly and monthly rates).
- Given a huge variety of spaces and users, anonymised and unrated reviews to focus the user's attention upon their own interpretations.
- Fallback client-side rendering, should the server be unable to cache Instagram using their private API.
- The use of sorted tags to classify spaces also supports a self-declaration community label/marque using the logo, in which any space may declare itself a "coliving community" by prefixing its core offer or values as tags e.g. «Hub House is a #purposeful #cooperative Coliving Community».
- Data stored in easily edited structured text format (Lua).
- Third-party data sources (e.g. Instagram and Google reviews) cached on the server.
- Passable/overridable filters in URL, as well as settable with cookies. Some data always in-page for instant client-side changes and reduced server processing, and when unspecified shows all spaces with 'disabled' styling thus ensuring all potential results appear on pages for SEO and first-time visitors. If prefs are set or passed the server trims the data set to send a lighter load.
- Unstructured locations and contextual adjustment derived from declared human-friendly strings, e.g. "Barcelona, Spain" only appears as "Barcelona" on the Spain page, but a space may declare it as "near Barcelona" or anything else appropriate for reference instead of displaying simply an unhelpful administrarive name.
- Tag permit optional space specific custom details, e.g. the "meals" tag can be expanded with free-form text such as "full-board included".
- Friendly URLs e.g: coliving.community/in/spain coliving.community/with/pool
- Custom pages can replace or supplement entire categories; CSS can also easily be used to make changes to specific categories.
- Currency conversion with rounding to faciliate user information scanning and consumption.
- Instagram photos only render the two most recent official account photos, also showing both top-ranked and recent location-specific posts (where an Instagram location is known).
2020 — Conception, Web, Content Management
Branding for Startup India
Enegetic modern and aligned device for an industry association.
- Utilising the Indian flag's colours, elements of the dharma wheel (spokes) both in the device and as an abstract texture, communicating tradition without being clichéd whilst benefiting from modern context through the contempoary bold typeface.
Startup Weekend—Fashion for Souk in the City
Pitch for a MENA-focussed fashion marketplace during a startup event.
- The website mockups focus on a content rich magazine-style layout that brings products to the fore in an entertaining manner rarely used on ecomerce sites, it also provided thematic views. (This approach was originally concecived for my own marketplace platform.)
- The logo was quickly prototyped to convey the diversity and colourfulness of the region, whilst being grounded in modernity with a lighweight clean typeface.
- A slidedeck was produced, communicating the business case and opportunities for such a startup.
2014 — Design, Brand, E-commerce
Logo for Indivibe
Impactful logo for a web 2.0 nightlife and entertainment guide.
- Low-gloss finish to avoid completely falling in with current trends
- Use of overlapping characters in the logoface to difuse the impact of palindrome/mirrored type in the name ('divib'), similarly use of Monaco typeface in the domain
- Transparent outline variations to reduce impact and blend with patterned backgrounds
Branding for Verse
For an online identity services platform.
Branding for Verse
Branding for Faber Cresco
Branding for Esofaber
For a furniture/interiors firm.
Branding for Duff Design
Contemporary esoteric interiors
Branding and Stationery for Verse
Branding Concept for Electrosmog
- Leverages established sybology to strengthen identity.
Branding Concept for NIAL Films
Logo for UniqueYou
Branding for Infinité
Mountain biking/adventure holidays